Sunday, November 24, 2013

Coon update

 

The new trail cam has arrived, and I now have a better idea of what has been going on around here.  When I caught those youngsters I thought that I just had Mama coon to deal with.  Turned out that I had more of a coon problem than I knew about.  Count the coons in the video!  I have them locked out of the dog food now, so hopefully they will move on to greener pastures.  I know of at least 3 of my neighbors who leave cat food out at all times, which is probably what drew the coons in the first place.  Let the coons go pester them.  I wonder if they realize how many coons they are feeding in addition to every feral cat around.

Now I know why I couldn't catch these coons in my live trap, although I suspected as much.  Look at the size of these guys!  This video shows one trying to squeeze into the trap.  Now the door is messed up and won't close.  I put it away for now and will fool around with it later.


No comments: