Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mystery solved!

To make this post I have to refer back to a blog entry I made some 8 months ago. Here’s a link to that post.

I never did find that skunk. There was so much skunk odor around here for awhile that it was impossible to pinpoint any source where it might be coming from. The odor finally went away, and I just assumed old stinky had gone off in the woods somewhere and died. I knew it had to be dead, and was surprised it even made it out of my yard after taking a shotgun blast up close and personal.

Yesterday I moved the few remaining bales of hay I have left in order to make room for the 3 tons of new hay that I will be getting in soon. Of course there is quite a bit of old hay scattered on the ground that I will rake up and use to mulch some potatoes that I planted a few days ago. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. This morning while I was outside doing the usual chores I saw Chigger over there digging around where the old hay stack had been. He grabbed something and ran over on the lawn shaking the daylights out of it. At first I thought he had found a dead chicken that had crawled under the haystack; then I saw the black and white color. It was the old dried up carcass of that skunk! Amazingly itstill had a little odor left to it.

No comments: